Creamy Potato & Caramelized Onion Casserole
Try this simple but flavorful casserole for your next Thanksgiving holiday dinner!
Prep Time: 15 Min
Cooking Time: 30 min
• 5 medium Yukon Gold potatoes peeled and halved
• 1 large yellow onion
• 2 shallots small julienne
• 5 sliced scallions
• ¼ lb melted butter
• ½ cup plain Greek yogurt
• 1 tbsp Kosher salt
• 2 tbsp olive oil
• 1 tbsp white wine vinegar
• 1 cup Mozzarella cheese
• ¼ cup parmesan cheese
• ¼ cup bread crumbs
• 1 egg
1) Cook the potatoes in boiling water with a pinch of salt for about 15 minutes until they are fork-tender. Remove from water, incorporate butter and yogurt and mash well.
2) Incorporate beaten egg, scallions, and mozzarella cheese and mix well.
3) Cook shallots and yellow onion in a skillet at medium heat with the olive oil, white wine vinegar and 1 tsp kosher salt until they are lightly caramelized (approx. 10 min).
4) Fold caramelized onion and shallots into the potatoes.
5) Transfer to an iron skillet.
6) Mix bread crumbs with parmesan cheese and ¼ cup of melted butter. Layer on top of potato mixture.
7) Bake at 425 for 25 minutes until potatoes are golden and crispy.